Tuesday 28 May 2013

WDW Food, you'll never want normal food again!

So, I thought I'd dedicate my latest blog post to the WDW food. What can I say? It's so wonderful, it needed its own post.
I'll start with a place I love to eat at Magic Kingdom. Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, the best place to grab a bite to eat. They have 3 different bays to choose from, all selling different foods. One bay sells salads, another Chicken and my personal favourite the burger bay. Their double bacon cheese burgers are to die for! And one of the best things about this place is that you can add your own salad and sauce, the burger doesn't come with any of that in it, so if you're not a lover of salad then no worries, you won't have to ask for them to make it without any of the salad. The seating areas are another thing I love about this restaurant. You can either sit inside and listen to Ray (he's an animatronic alien) crack jokes and sing songs or you can sit out on the terrace outside. But be warned, around about 12 pm this place gets VERY busy because it's a popular place to eat in the park. 
I have yet to try Be Our Guest as it opened after my last visit, but I have read really good reviews.
This is the only place I have really eaten in Magic Kingdom due to the menu and the fantastic price, there are other good restaurants in this park but I tend to stick with Cosmic Ray's because it's worth every penny.
Now, in Epcot I have eaten in two restaurants, the four seasons at the Land and the fish and chip bar in the United Kingdom pavilion. 
The four seasons sell four different types of foods (it's kind of in the name). I tend to go for the Chinese section because their food is so yummy. This place is located right next to Soarin' and Living with the Land, two great rides to go on while at Epcot, so when you've finished your food there you can hop on either one (Soarin' normally has a VERY long wait though, so fast passes are recommended for this one).
The fish and chip bar in the United Kingdom pavilion is great little British tradition spot and is located next to the Rose and Crown pub, where more traditional British meals are found. This bar is great for a small dinner while waiting for the Illuminations to begin. 
Disney's Hollywood Studios also has a lot of reasonably priced places to eat. I recommend the food stalls just up from Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. These little stalls sell Chilli dogs, my favourite, Turkey legs, my dads favourite, burgers and pizza's, basically everyone's favourite meals all in one area. It's a wonderful place eat and you can have a little laugh at the screams coming from Tower of Terror or hear the loveable songs of Beauty and the Beast coming from the theatre. Another great thing about this area is that there are a few shops on the same stretch, so you can walk off your food before facing more rides (and do some shopping). Another place I like to eat at in this park is Pizza Planet, how can you not eat here? It's simply a must as it's part of the greatest Disney Pixar movie's every created.
I never really eat in Animal Kingdom, so I don't really have an opinion of their restaurants, although, they do sell those famous Turkey Legs in a lot of the food stalls you'll pass through out the park.
When I'm at the water parks I don't eat, it's not a very good idea to 'swim' on a full stomach. So, me and my dad normally take a trip to Downtown Disney after we've finished in the water parks and eat at The Earl of Sandwich, which is another great place to eat. Their sandwiches and salads are to die for and all at a low cost.
Now, there are many other restaurants that are located in the Disney parks which I haven't mentioned, purely because 1. I haven't been to them or 2. They're a 3 $ restaurant.
The restaurants in WDW tell you want kind of price you're looking at per person for a meal on the park maps, this will make it easier for you to decide where you'd like to eat and so you won't have to go looking in every restaurant at their prices, which will waste time.
You will find next to the restaurants name on the map $ signs, indicating to you how much per person your looking at paying there.
$ = $14.99 or less
$$ = $15 - $29.99
$$$ = $30 - $54.99
Some restaurants have a $ and a $$ by their name, this tells you that lunch is $ and dinner is $$.
Some have a $$ and a $$$ by their name, this tells you that it is god damn expensive to eat here.
$$$ sign restaurants are normally Character dinning places. This is where Disney Characters come around your tables and meet you. Cute yes, but expensive. I recommend you do this experience once because it can get very pricey if done all the time. I tend not to go to these, I've done it once and once was enough really.
I hope this has helped you with meal times for when you visit the parks.
So, until next time!

Don't forget, if you have any questions about anything in this post or a previous post or something I haven't covered, feel free to leave a comment below or contact me on Twitter @WDWHoliday13

No comments:

Post a Comment