Thursday 23 May 2013

Universal Studios

I have realised I have been talking a lot about WDW and not enough about Universal Studios. So, I thought it could use its own post.
If you don't already know, there are two parks within Universal; Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
I don't have a favourite, they are equally as great as each other. Both have great rides I could simply ride over and over.
Now, I find that Universal seems to be more of an adults park, purely because the rides there are a lot more violent and rough than any in WDW. So, if you're taking young children who meet the height requirement for the rides, as their parent, I'd ride first to see if you think it is suitable for your children before they ride themselves. The last thing you want is for your child to not enjoy it and possibly get scared on say the likes of The Hulk or Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It, both of which are fairly violent compared to Expedition Everest and Rock 'n' Roller Coster. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying children won't like Universal full stop, I've seen many a child there have the time of their lives but they mostly seem to be at least 8/9 years old. 
The height restrictions in Universal are a lot higher than in Disney, for their big coasters, but there are plenty of other rides that have little to no height restrictions. 
I find that both parks can be done in one day, but don't get a one day 2 park ticket because Universal Studios is a seriously great park and you'll want to ride the rides over and over.
Until next time,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment