Saturday 6 July 2013

My 10th WDW & Universal Studios holiday

Well, it's been just over a week since I came home from Orlando and it's taken me this long to face writing a blog about it.
I could go into a huge, depressing blog post about it, but that won't change being home or be fun for anyone to read. So, I thought I could just write about the memories, the fun times I had there this year, how it has changed since I first went there 15 years ago and the wonderful new things I will be facing when I go back in 3 years.
First I'd like to just comment on the new Under the Sea with the Little Mermaid ride in New Fantasyland. My expectations for this ride were very high, I'm not too sure why, maybe because it was similar to the Finding Nemo ride in Epcot, a ride that I love to go on because it's very relaxing and isn't just a complete copy of the 2003 film. This is where you may want to look away if you don't want the ride spoilt. I was not expecting in anyway the ride to just be a re-telling of the whole film in about 10 minutes. Sure, the animatronics were brilliant, you can sing a long to your favourite songs from the film and the best bit of the ride is the recreation of 'Under The Sea'. I just found myself a little bored during the ride and fairly disappointed that they had just built a ride re telling the story in 10 minutes. It seemed all a little rushed and I am very glad I had got a FP for it and not waited in the stand by line. In my opinion, it is Magic Kingdom's weakest ride. 
For those of you who looked away, you can re-read now :)
One thing I really enjoyed about this holiday was that I walked onto most of the rides the whole 2 weeks, this was due to the fact the massive groups that usually attend the parks had yet to arrive. Going two weeks before we usually go really paid off. 
Nothing had really changed this visit, apart from the new tickets and there were a lot of building boards up in Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
I also managed to ride Transformers in Universal Studios before the grand opening, because you know grand openings aren't pretty, this ride is fantastic! If you're going to Universal at any time, I strongly suggest you make this ride a must. I wasn't expecting much and I certainly didn't expect it to be anything like it is. 
I am still highly impressed with Universal Studios as a whole and I'd go as far as saying Disney finally has major competition. 
This is all I really have time to wrote about now, so I'll continue in another post later on.
As always, you can tweet me with all questions, queries, comments or suggestions @CAGoldenWest14
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment